Kielder Waterside is set within Kielder Water & Forest Park and is famous for many things. It has the largest man-made lake in Northern Europe, the largest working forest in England, the darkest skies in England and the largest open air Art & Architecture gallery in the UK.
The site has featured on many T.V shows including Robson Green’s Tales from Northumberland, the One Show, Countryfile and Freddie fries again.
All of this adds up to you being able to celebrate in style with things you can’t do anywhere else.
- 1. Kielder is home to the largest man-made lake in Northern Europe. Get on the ferry or on one of our pleasure boats and enjoy seeing the site from the water. It’s relaxing and a perfect way to spend quality time together.
- 2. Kielder also has the darkest skies in England. Sit under the darkest skies on your patio or in your hot tub and see what stars you can spot.
- 3. Visit Kielder Observatory. There are events on seven days a week and they are a perfect family trip out where you can learn about our universe and try out the telescopes. We promise once you leave you will be in awe of our night sky. Time it right and you will also be able to see the Northern Lights.
There are so many things to celebrate and appreciate that sometimes we can become quite blasé about them. We have picked out some of the best milestones worth celebrating with loved ones.
- 1. Engagement. There is nothing more exciting than the news of an engagement and the prospect of a family wedding. Most often the ladies will need to sit together and discuss every detail possible from venues to colour schemes to guest list dramas. Those not involved will need to steer clear of these conversations and not interrupt with any thoughts or comments. With a forest to explore, hot tubs to sit in and a pub on site Kielder Waterside is the perfect place for this to happen.
- 2. Retirement. After working hard for many years’ quality time and relaxation with the family is what you not only need but also deserve. Kielder Waterside is perfect for all ages and offers everything from adrenaline fuelled activities to relaxing spa treatments. Bring the children and the grandchildren and spend quality time together in the great outdoors away from everyday life.
- 3. Birthday. Whether you are 10, 30 or 70 we help you celebrate your birthday in style. Make it a birthday to remember by being surrounded by your closest friends and family in a luxury lodge in the heart of the forest.
- 4. Graduation. Whether it be yours or a loved ones, the graduate will have been putting a lot of work in in the months leading up to the graduation. The run up to graduation usually includes panic, stress and tears followed by joy once that last assignment is handed in. Where better to celebrate that success and revive than in a luxury lodge in the forest away from computers and libraries.
- 5. Quality time. There doesn’t have to be a reason to celebrate to want to spend time together. Everybody has busy lives and it can sometimes be a struggle to see everyone or keep in touch. Book a lodge and get together for either a 3, 4 or 7 night break.